Saturday, January 8, 2011

I did it!

Well my nerves are stilled after Glade and I went to the PAC and auditioned for Hairspray. The singing was awful! I gave them all a good laugh and I can say that I tried so that's what's important, right? I think I did well on the dancing, but I'm pretty sure they weren't paying any attention. After my memorable performance with the singing, I'm guessing they put an "x" right across my paper. It was still fun and I feel good about putting myself out there. My song went like this:

I cannot sing to save my life, but please don't take a stance.
Cuz if you let me give it a try...I'll show you I can dance!
I know my notes are way off key and even kind of nappy,
But being out there on that stage...would really make me happy!

You have to give me creativity points at least! After auditions, we came home and hosted our Ragnar meeting with our friends. It's always a little chaotic, but at least everyone knows what they are doing. Eight more weeks!

This morning we all slept in and then decided to go for a run. Glade went with Katy and Brooklyn and then I took Whitley, Rhett and Stephen. Whit ran 3 miles while Stephen rode beside her on his bike. He had a tough day at training and was really sore. I encouraged him to do something to loosen up. Rhett went with me for a very short distance and then rode his bike home.

I was determined to go 10 miles again today. I was seriously done at 6 and was sending "rescue me" telepathy to Glade. Unfortunately, I was still 3 miles from home. I kept going and by the time I was close enough to see the little strip mall by my house, I seriously wondered "how am I going to get over there?" My legs were like dead weight and ached so badly. I finally made it and have been so uncomfortable ever since. I think I haven't felt this badly since our last relay race. Totally sucks. Gotta love the human body!!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Good for you for trying out! I have never been brave enough to even do that and I doubt that I ever will. I hope you all get a part!