Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Sunday

Sunday was fast Sunday and an emotional one at that. The morning was good and church was great. We had a combined lesson in Young Women's (YW) and at the end they let the girls bear their testimonies if they wanted. Whitley stood right up and told through her tears how grateful she was that I was in YW with her and how she knew that the Lord knew she needed me. What a wonderful girl, how blessed am I?

We came home, snacked a little and headed to the Smith's for Sunday dinner. As always it's good to spend time with family. On the way home, we realized we were out of gas. Now the question was either to get gas, or keep the Sabbath day holy and have faith that we would make it home. We chose to have faith. We made it home and Whitley was so excited to see the rewards of her faith. She is such a good girl. Went to bed early with a good book, to the Rescue, President Monson's autobiography. So inspiring and yet so real. I'm so glad Glade was sweet enough to think of it for Christmas. I love that guy.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I'm glad to hear you liked Pres. Monson's biography. He's a wonderful man! I think we're going to read it for book club.