Tuesday, January 4, 2011

It's a New Year

Hello 2011!! You are going to have to be pretty darn good to beat 2010. We rang in the new year with a bonfire and good friends. We planned to play games and be silly, but there was just never a lull in the conversation to suggest it. We had tons of (awful for you) super great food! Midnight hit, we clanked our glasses, kissed our sweeties and bid farewell to our friends. As we were cleaning up, we had a little drama with the girls in Flagstaff that turned out to not be as much drama, but we were up till 1:30.

Luckily the kids all slept in but we were up by 8am. Due to the somewhat-drama in Flag, we had to go pick up the girls instead of them being brought home. Glade offered to go and then meet us at the Fiesta Bowl on his way home. I headed out for my trial run. I hadn't yet signed up for the half marathon (being to chicken), so I decided I would try for 10 miles and if I could do it, I would sign up. I'm proud to say I did!! I didn't plan on it after about 3 miles, I just wasn't there mentally. I got a burst of energy and decided to go for it at about 5 miles. About 7 I was regretting it and when I hit 9 I was so glad I had! I averaged 10:13 min/miles and ran the whole thing except a small break at mile 7 to pick and eat an orange. So, Jan 29th I'll be going the distance, 13.1 miles.

That afternoon we went and picked up all of our passengers, which were 14 and headed to the Fiesta Bowl. Glade had been given about 100 free tickets so we invited some families and friends and decided to go. Only snag was that when we got there, we realized we forgot to get the tickets from Chelsey that she decided not to use, so we were two short. Lucky for us, they let us tell them the row and seat number and hand wrote us tickets. It was a fun night and the kids had a great time with their friends.

What a great start to the new year!!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Good for you, you crazy runner!