Thursday, January 20, 2011

Not Now

Some things are all about timing. Running faster is normally considered a good thing. However, for me...it's coming at a very bad time. My "normal" pace is getting faster again, but when that happens, my endurance goes down. I find myself walking more than normal and feeling winded...it's very frustrating. I get home, plug in my iPod and see that I was running faster than I normally do. Great! What's not great is that this transition is coming right before my scheduled half marathon, 13.1 miles. I really just need endurance for this. I'm not a good enough runner to just "slow down". It feels awkward to go slower so I don't. Then I get tired sooner and don't last. The other problem is that running faster is new to my muscles so I get sore when I normally wouldn't be. That takes longer to recover and means I run less. I hadn't paid that much attention to my speed lately but have been very frustrated at my lack of endurance and how sore I am each time. So, it's bittersweet. It's good that I'm improving, but this part of the cycle is coming at a very inopportune time. I have no idea how I'm going to make 13.1 miles in a week. I'm going to hope for adrenaline getting me through. *crossing fingers*

1 comment:

Dacia said...

My fingers, and toes, are crossed for you! Think positive - you can make the 13.1 mile run.