Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Go away bugs!

No school day, yuck. I'm sure my kids get their lack of creativity from me. Total veg all day. I encouraged active behavior, but no one wanted to do anything that didn't involve a screen in front of them. Sad sad sad. They were up bright and early to do it though! I got up and made them rubber pancakes and to see Glade off. He left for three days without me, rude! About 10 am, I checked my phone and there was a text from Chelsey that came at 5:20 am just saying "I love you". Kind of freaked me out. One, she is never up that early! Two, what's wrong? I texted back and she said she had just had a bad dream that I died so she felt like she needed to say it. Sweet girl. After getting the kids fed and settled, I headed out for my long run. It was LONG in so many ways!

I took my phone with me this time just in case I decided to wimp out, which I did. It seems 6 - 7 miles is my comfort zone. Once I hit that, I just tank. I become a quitter, I feel every sore muscle and ache. Fortunately I have learned that if I go far away, I am required to keep going to get home. I stuck with it until about 9:35 miles. I was only going to 10, I'm such a wuss. By this point, I was starting to walk too frequently and the outside of my knee was really hurting. I worry about the whole IT band issue, once you ruin that, you are done for a long time. Anyway, I had Whitley come and get me.

I felt really awful once I got home, achy and wobbly. I took a shower and when I got out, Katy was laying on the floor crying. Her head and legs hurt. Hey...me too!! I picked her up to see what was wrong and she was burning up. I think her foot fell asleep is why her leg hurt. She wanted to lay in my bed with me. Great idea! I had told Whitley we would go to the mall, but I really wanted a little horizontal time so I gave Katy some medicine and laid with her for about 20 min. When I got up, I instantly felt like I was going to puke. I walked around trying to make it go away, but it wasn't, so I laid back down for about another 20 minutes. I needed to get my nieces home so I decided to just get up and deal with it.

Turns out their mom came to get them while I was laying down but I took Whitley to the mall anyway. We both needed character shoes for the play. On the way home I decided I felt too crappy to cook so we got pizza. When we got home, Katy was up and feeling better. We decided for FHE to just watch Hairspray together. (you know, in honor of civil rights day Ü) I had everyone in bed and tucked in by 8:45. My head was killing me and I just wanted to curl up and end the day. Then at 9, the doorbell rang. What?? Whitley had asked a boy to MORP and he was coming to give his answer. He left a jar of M&Ms on the porch. The note said that if there were more green than red, he would go with her. Five minutes later the doorbell rang again. They had written it wrong and just realized it, so he and his mother came back to tell her it was the other way. Good thing they realized or she would have been really sad! Then to end my night...as I was walking into the laundry room to reset the alarm, I had to kill a ginormous scorpion on the wall. Sick bugs and real bugs...grrr!

Then I laid in bed till 11 wishing my husband was here and that I could fall asleep. I don't know how you do it girls.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

I'm sorry that you were feeling so yucky. I hope you are all feeling better today! And I wish all scorpions would be removed from the earth. They are evil!!!

Heather said...

I want to be a runner like you.... No wait I just want you to run for me. Hehehe. You inspire me. Glad your feeling better. Husbands gone and sleeping alone is the pits, I'm an expert at it. You can do a few days, but I feel your pain.

Dacia said...

I hope your 2-legged bugs are all feeling better! The other bugs, they can all go far, far away, never to return.
You are not a quitter. You need to kill that thought, along with the scorpions.