Friday, January 28, 2011

Anti Social

I go through bouts of wanting to be a hermit. It never lasts long, but I'm kinda there now. I think it happens when life gets busy and the thought of having to re-hash what your doing when people ask "how's it going" or like questions is too exhausting. This is going to sound really awful but sometimes it's too exhausting to ask "how's it going" to others. So during these brief times, I don't like to answer my phone or chit chat in the hall, etc...don't be offended...my brain is just on overload. That sounded bad, I'm not sad or unhappy, just busy right now.

Tuesday we had a great mutual with all the youth combined. I got to pretend to be an airline stewardess which was lots of fun. I got to see my kids in action, sort of as a fly on the wall. That's not always fun. The last couple of days have been chill at home days which I really enjoy during my hermit times. Yesterday my SIL came over to learn about couponing now that she's a stay at home mom. I love being able to help and share, makes me feel useful. Last night I had my first play practice for ensemble (that's me). We actually are the back up dancers for 4 different songs. Should be lots of fun, getting excited about that.

After, I went to Bunko really late and stayed till almost midnight chatting with good friends. Ok, so I'm not completely anti social! Today I'm so tired and plan on spending the day in my jammies. Glade has a basketball game tonight and my half marathon is in the morning. I still have no idea how I'm going to finish it, but that's the plan. There's a place about mile 8 that isn't too far from my house, maybe I'll end up making a beeline for home! Life really is good right now and I'm excited for all the things coming up in the very near future. Gotta keep chuggin along!!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I have a feeling you made it through the whole half-marathon. I hope it wasn't as bad as you thought it would be!