Friday, January 21, 2011

Cesspool

I have been looking for new music to run to since I have a big run coming up. The only way to find stuff is to listen to a lot of music. I have tried YouTube videos, friend suggestions and Pandora. What I have found is that the music industry is just one big cesspool of profanity and disgusting lyrics. I would even say I lean to the side of accepting some of the unacceptable, but oh my heck, the filth. Who listens to this and why did anyone even think to write it? Who sat down and wrote about such gross and offensive topics? I'm seriously not a prude about music but what I found today was just plain awful. There were even times when I wouldn't be able to hear or understand all the lyrics and thought they seemed like what they were saying was inappropriate so I would look up the lyrics. Yikes! I was right in that what I thought I heard was bad but what I didn't know is that they left out all the seriously sick lyrics! Really, I heard the clean version?? Very sad...I know every generation has had parents calling out the evils of modern day music...nothing new there, but.....what I heard today was all about the very things that make our society scary. Our celebrities are singing the praises of some of the most foul and illegal behavior known to us. I knew there was a lot of ugly music out there, I'm not stupid, but I had no idea just how ugly it was till today.

No comments: