Monday, January 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Sunday

No, it's not November...however....I still had a turkey in my freezer from November. Since we weren't having big family dinner this day, I thought it would be a good time to cook it up. I heard from a friend that you could pressure cook a turkey in less than an hour so I decided I would try it. I took it out of the freezer in the morning and put it into a sink of hot water. I left it there till after church then put it into the pressure cooker for 30 minutes. Perfect!! It was about the exact right amount of time to cook the corn casserole, potatoes and rolls. I may just have to make this a Thanksgiving tradition!

Earlier in the day, we made a big breakfast of breakfast burritos so we could use all those eggs we are getting again. Yep, 5 to 6 a day! I made extra to make frozen burritos to take to a friend. I really have enjoyed having those around. I still have one more batch to make soon. We were all ready to go to church an entire half an hour before it even started. Yeah us!!

Church was enjoyable as always. Later in the day, a few of us were discussing the talks and one mentioned how it was boring to him and Whitley pipes up and says "Boring?? Who cares...total eye candy!!" A family with 5 very cute boys has recently moved in and were the speakers. She's funny.

After our Thanksgiving dinner, we all settled in and I forced them to watch Annie. Not too far in, I lightly gave the direction "I guess you don't have to sit through all of it if you don't want to" but not one kid got up and left. By the end they were all watching intently. Too fun. I turned in early with a book to end a very restful and nice Sabbath day.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Thanks for the breakfast burritos. They came in very handy this morning and were delicious!