Monday, January 10, 2011

Floppy Hand

The rest of the story...I stayed up for a couple of hours waiting to see how bad it was going to get after that dang scorpion got me. It was different from last time. I didn't get the burning sensation quite so much and instead of feeling the tingle and numbness, my bicep ached and ached. I went back to bed around 5:30 to try to sleep some more. By the time I got up around 8 my arm felt pretty good except where it actually stung me. Katy on the other hand...

Apparently it stung her finger before it got me, that's probably why mine was so mild. I can't believe she was able to go right back to sleep after. When she got up in the morning she was pretty whiny about her hand hurting and that it was "shocking" her. She never really cried or complained, but winced if you bumped her hand at all. She kept it out in front of her the whole day, just hanging there. I felt so bad for her. Luckily it was her left hand so she was still pretty able to do normal things. I had to help her dress and undress is all. We assured her that it would be all better today, but it's not. She said only the middle feels better. How did she tolerate the initial sting?? The only thing I can go with is that angels were with her. Seriously. It's so painful and to have the tingling last for more than a day...amazing. I'm grateful for that tender mercy. As a parent, it's killer to watch your baby suffer and be able to do nothing to help her. It would have been a really bad day had she been up all night crying and suffering.

Getting back into that bed was HARD!!

No comments: