Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Scones!

After much persuasion (not really), we decided to do a scones night for all those old and wonderful friends who have missed our legendary scones. I sent out invites via FaceBook and the rest is history! We were going to do it at our home, but got too big of a response, so we did it at the church. Kyle made all the dough and did most of the frying. Steve did the rolling and cutting. I provided most of the main stuff and the other family members all brought other necessities. Each guest then paid $5 per couple and brought a side to share. If my math is correct, some paid more than $5, naughty naughty. Anyway, we had a grand time seeing old friends and watching everyone enjoy themselves. Unlike most church functions, most people just stayed and chatted till after 9. As always, we had great help cleaning up and ended up with way too many left overs. I guess it's scones for Sunday dinner! As per request, this may have to be labeled out "first annual" scones night. I think it was a total success!















2 comments:

Leslie said...

You're awesome at this family stuff. I hope it's the first annual because we want to come next time!

Camille said...

I so wish we could have gone. I was all ready to call you Thursday night and started feeling really crummy. I figured I would wait and see how Friday felt--WORSE!! I felt so sad when 6:00 rolled around and I was missing all the yummy fun. I'm coming next time no matter what!