Sunday, August 23, 2009

It's a Doggone shame

I am sad to say that I'm not going to keep the puppies. They are super cute, BUT they still crap on my floor. We were working on that and maybe even making a tiny bit of progress, but the real BUT is that Bo is just too allergic. I have had to give him Benadryl every day and it sucks for him. He gets big red blotchy spots and his eyes get red and puffy so he rubs them all day. He just looks terrible. It's not worth it. I feel bad that I brought them here and got everyone excited and now I'm taking them away, but I love Bo way more than those dang crapping pups. My kids have handled it really well so far.

Saturday was a really great day. We did all sorts of cleaning including the inside of my car. The kids all had play practice or some other sort of activity so by noon, it was just me and the babies. We took naps and then I needed to get ready for our Stake Conference adult session. We always meet with friends before hand and have dinner. 6 couples showed up. We then went to the session, which is always my favorite. After, they all came to our house for ice cream. It's so fun to just get to know people on different turfs.

Today was actual Stake Conference at 9 am. I woke up early so I could still get breakfast made. Normally we only take kids that are 12 and up. It's two hours of just sitting so it's hard for the little ones. Right before breakfast Glade announces that he thinks we should take everyone. Not that I totally minded, but I hadn't bathed or gotten clothes for all the little ones. We flew through breakfast and got everyone around in time. I sent Glade an hour early to make sure we got to sit in the benches. The kids were really pretty good, I was pleasantly surprised. After, we came home and had home made salsa and chips then headed for naps. We were forgoing regular Sunday dinner tonight so we could go in to town to Glade's cousin's house to hear a cousin report on her mission. We ate a really early dinner, then we..me, Glade, Nick and Stephen..headed out. She is really cute and has an amazing voice. It was nice to see family that we haven't seen in a while.

Still setting new goals that I can't seem to stick to. It's very frustrating. I'm feeling quite cheated about a few things lately and it's hard to not act like I'm two and yell "that's not fair!". I'm trying to keep perspective, but..truly...life isn't fair. Get over it.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Did you ever think you'd be putting this sentence into the blogosphere?

"I love Bo way more than those dang crapping pups."

Hilarious. Sorry about the puppies, but seriously, that was insane. ;)

One more thing. If you can't set new goals that you can't stick to, what can you do? Just kidding. Seems like that's how most of my goals go. Especially lately. *sigh* It's gotta get better.