Tuesday, August 4, 2009

June Cleaver




This is my aspiration right now. I want to be June Cleaver. I think maybe because it's the end of summer and I'm really tired of the mess I've been living in for the past two months. I just want to clean and organize everything. I want balanced, home cooked dinners and happy "hey mom!" kids. I want to be thrifty and grow things. I want my house to smell nice and be homey. It's almost an overwhelming feeling. Not like...how can I do this...sort of overwhelming, but I need to organize and clean all the time feeling. Even in the night if I wake up, I think about what closet I could clean out without waking anyone. Now, any of you who may know me know that my follow through is never as gung ho as my desires are. However, in the last few days I have done some pretty significant cleaning! My kids go back to school next Monday and then I fully intend on having it stay cleaned for the most part. Right now I'm tolerating clutter messes so I can spend my time doing the deep stuff. Starting next week, we will have scheduled menus and bedtimes and chores.
I'm also on a mission to make money. Now, in mulling over that idea, I couldn't think of anything I could do that wouldn't interrupt my job as a mom. I know, duh! So, the only other solution I had was to save money. Isn't that like making money? So I'm really really really trying to be a smarter shopper and a less active shopper. I want to make the most of what I have and be less wasteful. We are not good about that. I even had a talk with the kids about throwing money in the garbage. None of them thought that was too good of an idea. When I explained about all the things they wasted and destroyed, and how it was just like throwing cash in the garbage, they all seemed to get that. Hopefully they will think a little more now. Anyway, they are lofty goals and hopefully I can make some things happen. I have so many things I want to blog about, but just don't have the energy to do them all. Partially because I'm busy cleaning and organizing things! Last night we canned salsa and today Bo started preschool. More on those later!

4 comments:

Tomena said...

I'm feeling that way at the moment too.... I've been cleaning non stop since Mon. Morn... and I'm still not there. They keep undoing it as fast as I get it done! My kids don't start until the 24th though.... and my preschoolers start on Sept. 8th. Mine's probably very permature ;)

Tammy said...

I'm a total June Cleaver in my thoughts and desires, but somehow the actions never seem to quite get there. I think it's great that you are making it happen!

Lulu said...

Organization is what I crave starting this new school year! And I need a savvy shopping sister to keep me motivated! I LOVE couponing and deal doings- but it is so time consuming!

Kathy said...

I always have great intentions about saving money too, but I really get worse and worse at it as I get older. I just don't have the time to bargain shop that I used to. That's my excuse today. :-)