Thursday, August 27, 2009

Day of Sweets

I know you're thinking sugar sweets, but no, sweetness as in deeds. First let me start by saying I slept a solid 6.5 hours without waking up once! Rarely ever happens...truly sweet. During scripture, we noticed Jack (our dog) running on the little street behind our house. Jack barely moves, let alone runs. He was chasing a coyote. The coyotes are always in our yard and Jack always barks them away, no big deal, but today he was chasing. What we noticed was that the puppies were out there with him and the coyote was trying to get at them. Jack was totally protecting them. I ran to the door and opened it to yell for the puppies to come in. One came streaming in as fast as can be, but the other was still too close to Jack and the coyote, she was too scared to cross. Jack finally got him far enough that the pup felt safe to run inside. How sweet is that?

I had another day of "do nothing". It was a little more restless than yesterday, but I stayed home and did laundry and worked on some ordering I have been trying to get done. After preschool, Brayden came and played for awhile, had lunch then went back home. We all laid down for naps. Bo got right into bed with me, snuggled right on me and said "now for some snuggling!" Again...sweet.

After school was a little crazy, but on the way home from picking up Stephen and Nick from soccer practice, somehow we were talking about being tired. Recently Stephen and I had had a conversation about dreaming and how I dream a lot. He never dreams. I told him it was because he sleeps so deep and that I never sleep more than a few hours before waking up. So when being tired came up, I announced that I had slept 6.5 hours straight! He very surprisedly said "you did??" He reminded me that I never do that, then said....wait for it....it's good....he said "I have been praying that you would get a good night's sleep." How SWEET is that?? Bout made me cry.

Had homemade pizza for dinner, spent some time on the ordering of jars and then a dear friend had read that I might be buying a treadmill and offered to let me borrow hers for awhile to see if I would like it at home. I'm surrounded by sweetness! A girl cannot complain.

4 comments:

Lulu said...

I love those moments- you will be so glad you wrote them all down- without sleep our brains tend to let those memories go!

Anonymous said...

Did the treadmill fit down the hall?

Leslie said...

Sweet! (and totally awesome about the treadmill)

I thought the puppies were gone. Did I miss something? Jack is a sweet dog. I'm glad the coyote didn't attack the poor old guy!

Tammy said...

What a great day. I love all the sweets!