Monday, August 24, 2009

Keep on Keepin on.

Holy crapness, this day is never ending. I don't even know if I can remember all the way back to this morning. Let's see, got dressed to go to the gym, had the kids loaded up and was driving there when I made a call to the Dr. to see about apts for the two boys who need sports physicals. Amazingly, they had two appointments today. That was actually really good since they couldn't go to tryouts this afternoon unless we got them. However, it also meant I needed to head home to change and get the boys out of school. I decided to quickly go get my van washed since I still had a free wash from before our Fl trip. After, I got the boys and dropped my babies off at my mom's house. Unfortunately, they only had apts at 10:30 and 1:30. I took both to the 10:30 and asked if they could possibly do them both at that time and they did, yeah!

They were seen separately, Stephen was first. When they got to the "turn your head and cough" part, he was giggly embarrassed, but fine. When it was Nick's turn and she mentioned she needed to do that, his whole face went blank and white. He has never had to do that before, Stephen had. He just stared at her while she tried to explain why and that all boys had to do it. He just said, totally cold and in disbelief, "Seriously?" I tried to stifle my giggle, but his face was priceless. I left the room and gave them some privacy. Oh yeah, the Dr. was a woman. Poor thing.

We got them back just in time for lunch. The babies and I went home, had lunch and then laid down for naps. I have a million things I'm trying to accomplish so my mind had a hard time settling down. Finally I just decided to get up. I looked at the clock...what??? I had been asleep over an hour. That never happens. I jumped up and got around just in time to go pick up the kids. I had to take Nick back for soccer tryouts and pick up Dalin at 3 pm. Had to be back to pick up Rhett and Brooklyn at 3:40 from orchestra. That's where I found out I had to buy new books for both of them and Brooklyn had a $20 broken string. Got home just in time to turn around and go get Nick and Stephen at 4:30. That's when I found out they needed new cleats and shin guards. Does it ever end?? I really need to find that money tree!

Came home, made dinner and did a little homework. Decided to skip FHE cuz I was just too tired and grouchy. Seems to be my state of mind too much lately. I took Stephen in to Sports Authority for new cleats and shin guards for both boys. Luckily Stephen's old cleats fit Nick. Luckily for me, the music store was open and they had the book I needed for Brooklyn. That felt like it made the trip worth it. Got home around 8:30, had some ice cream and put the kids to bed.

I think part of my grouchiness comes from my desires to do so many good things and then life happens and I don't. Every Sunday I come home from church with goals and desires to do more and be more involved and helpful to those around me. Then Monday comes and so does school and kids and laundry and errands and I never get to the other stuff. It's frustrating. There is a song I love called "In the Meantime" that basically sums up what I feel. I'll get my day.

Tomorrow is crazy pack meeting night and I really just want it to be over already. I'm trying to remind myself that it's just a meeting with people I know and love with boys that don't really care if things go as planned. I have really grown to like my calling. I need to do more and do it sooner than the week before. Takes self discipline. That's not my strong point! Breathing, it's all good.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

It is amazing all that you do! Pack meeting went great tonight and now it is OVER! Hurray for you!