Thursday, August 13, 2009

Ice Cream, free and Willy

Tuesday was my first day with just Katy while Bo went to preschool. We went and ran some errands and it was fun just the two of us. It's a little hard because Bo is done by 10:30 and some of the places I like to frequent don't open till 10. Nick has been bored to death coming home mid-day. They are testing this week so he hasn't had any homework. I skipped the gym, but worked my arms at home. Scouts went fine, got home and really just wanted some chocolate. I made a few phone calls, waited for my big kids to leave for mutual and headed out to Cold Stone for a way too big Chocolate Devotion. Tracie, Amy, Ashley (Amy's friend) and I all stayed and chatted till 10 pm. It was really nice to just chill and eat cold gooey ice cream.

Wednesday had me right back to the gym trying to undo the night before. Katy was naughty in the playroom which isn't really like her. We came home, cleaned a little and had lunch. I needed to shower so I told the two kids to sit on the couch while I showered. I took a very quick shower and when I came out, I couldn't find either one of them. They were out in the garage on top of the blue car. The only reason I knew this was because when I asked what they were doing, Bo said "playing". It felt weird so I pried a little more. Finally Katy said "on top of car" and pointed up. She was very excited about her answer. I gave Bo the death glare and told him to never do that again. That afternoon, we went to the temple with the Johnson's and then to dinner at our favorite ice cream parlor, Nielson's. Two nights in a row, not good! It was really fun and all was well when I returned home.

Today Katy and I ran more errands while Bo went to school. I have to brag about my $50 Vera Wang jeans I got for .....FREE. Kohl's mails out a $10 off anything card every once in awhile. Lots of times it's "when you spend $50" type thing, but not always. The jeans were on clearance for $10 so I got them for nothing. We also checked out a new "used" children's store close by and that was a waste of time. After, we picked up Bo and drove into town to another "used" store. I don't know why I do that, they are always rude and overpriced. While there, I got my oil changed. I have been leaking, but they couldn't find a leak anywhere. Had lunch with mom while there and then headed in to get Nick. It sprinkled the whole time, love that. Tonight is enrichment and I feel a little guilty for going because I have been gone the last two nights. I need to take stuff though so I have to get there at some point. I'm sure they will be fine. There hasn't been much homework this week so it's been pretty breezy.

Play update - All the kids got parts in the play Willy Wonka. Chelsey is Mrs. Bucket (charlie's mom), Stephen is Augustus Gloop, Whitley is a dancing Candy and the other three are Oompa Loompas. They start next week, should be a good time!

6 comments:

Leslie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslie said...

I just love the Willy Wonka story. Creepy, yet fun. Congrats to the kids for making it.

All your frozen desserts sound delicious.

Go to Enrichment. You won't be sad you did. (probably)

Leslie said...

Sorry about the duplicate comments (and deletions). My mouse is dead and I HATE my touchpad. UGH!

Unknown said...

Willie Wonka - how fun. When is it going to be? If we're in town we'd love to see it.

Tammy said...

Congratulations on the play parts. I am so excited to see it! Your kids are going to do great!