Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My Great Day

I mentioned that I had nothing to do and I was really happy about that. What I decided to do was a few loads of laundry, because I love my husband, and sweep and mop the floor. That made me feel productive and improved my living space. Then I dressed the babies in their swimming attire and headed out for the outdoor mall. We stopped and got a $5 pizza on the way and took it with us. The kids had a blast running through the sprays of water and would occasionally come and nibble on some pizza. I say nibble, but what I mean is that out of the 8 piece medium pizza, I had two, Bo had two and Katy had 4. She was a little pig. When it was the last piece, she took a few bites, put it back in the box and started to go back in the water. She stopped and pointed her finger at me and said "you don't eat my pizza!". Then the same thing to Bo. We assured her we wouldn't, but she repeated herself about 3 times before she went back into the water. I didn't even buy anything at the mall! Not true, we had ice cream. Does that count? We came home and had naps, well not Katy, she power napped on the way home.

It has been so long since I just had "tot time". I wasn't running errands or picking up things for someone or planning stuff out in my head. I was just there, enjoying the time with my kids. I've really missed that. I think I decided it might be labeled "cabin fever". Typically people get this in the winter from being stuck in side for so long. We get it in the summer. I'm tired of our indoor activities. I want to just go out and do stuff. Come on cool weather, I'm ready!! The afternoon was the same driving everywhere as always, but I did more laundry in between and got dinner and bathes done.

I may have talked Glade into getting a treadmill. In ten months, at the same rate that we pay our gym membership, I could own it. I would really love that. The kids would be bummed, they love the gym. But I would do it so much more, really. So, after a really stress free...superdeduper day, I'm off to bed. Hopefully my night will be just as perfectly restful. Night!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I've never had a really good treadmill at home, so maybe that would make a difference. There's some kind of accountability for GOING to the gym. And once you're there you can't get distracted and stop as easily as you could at home. That said, there are so many times I just don't make it to the gym at all, when I would do it if I could just hop on the treadmill at home. I'd miss the weight machines, though. (I know you didn't ask...)

Kristine said...

Sounds like you had a day that you deserved! Good luck with the treadmill. I have a stationary bike and although it is broken now (I have had it for about 8 years). It was worth every penny!