Tuesday, August 18, 2009

To Sum it up..

This weekend was one of sheer craziness. I mean that I'm crazy. I was crazy, I dunno. It wasn't good. I think I'm over it now and I can continue on in a normal fashion. I actually had some good things occur, but then it was always followed by the craziness. Friday night I saw The Time Traveler's Wife. It was good, but not as good as I had expected. I love Rachel McAdams so that always makes a movie better. I also had to replace a tire on my van on Friday. That makes 4 tires in the last two months...ouch. Saturday was productive. We cleaned really good, then I headed out to get groceries. Lots of add matching and a little store hopping to get some pretty good deals. That's always fun. Then Glade and I headed to Julia's for haircuts. Feels so good to have my hair gone. I think that was part of my grouchiness. Glade got his cut really short. I mean really short. I like it. Came home and tried to take a nap. I have had such bad headaches all week it was hard to relax. Glade decided he wanted to grill out and invite some guests. So we had a couple of families over and cooked hamburgers. I always enjoy company so it was a nice evening. I was really tired by the end and just wanted to go to bed. Sunday morning we had a big breakfast and were on our way out the door to church when I noticed the yard filling up with water. We haven't gotten irrigation in a while so I thought that was weird. I called Glade to ask what he was doing about it and he said we weren't supposed to be getting any. Turns out one of our valves broke. I went in to call the guy to let him know and when I came out, Bo was wet up to his knees. I had already pulled him away from the edge twice and told him to stay away from the water. Stinkin kid. He went to church in jeans and tennis shoes. Had Sunday dinner that night and even though we had a rough start, I enjoy family so it was good.

Chelsey had invited Bo over again and they seemed to be cute and having a good time playing out with the kids. When I told her it was time to send him home, she came in crying. I guess it has been bothering her for awhile. She just feels like she shouldn't have a boyfriend right now. She has been praying about it and talking it over with some of her close friends and decided to tell Bo she just wanted to be friends. I guess he took it fairly well and thanked her for helping him to understand. I felt really bad for her, she was very sad, but I was also so proud of her for how she handled it and how mature she is. Love that girl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Chelsey! She is soooo grown up - more mature than a lot of 30 year olds. Good for her, for taking the right step for her. Dacia

Leslie said...

I love that girl, too! I'm so glad you blog about your kids so I can "see" them grow up.