Monday, August 10, 2009

Yeah for School starting

Sunday was a nice relaxing day. We had Sunday dinner with a small group. Chelsey had her boyfriend, Bo, come for dinner so we got to know him a little better. It was a nice evening. The kids were all pumped to go to school the next day. Of course, they were up and ready by 6:15 am. Kind of a long morning when everyone is sitting around ready and impatient. The time finally came to take them. I went straight to the gym to get back to my training. It has been so long since I have been diligent, that I decided to kind of start over with what I can do. I'm going to start a little slowly and build back up and try to improve at a faster rate than I used to. It felt good to be there and I even worked my legs on the machines, which I never do. Probably won't be able to walk tomorrow. Katy and Bo had fun together with no big kids around to bug them. I got a shower and cleaned my kitchen and had a nice chat with my mom. Speaking of Katy, a week or so ago, she wanted to take a bath so I told her she could and I would be right in. I kind of forgot and a little while later she came out naked saying it wouldn't work. I assumed she meant the water. I went in to get her started and found a full tub of perfectly warm water full of bubbles. I asked everyone in the house who started it for her. No one. She did it all by herself. Very scary. She could have run some pretty hot water. Then, today she wanted her computer turn. I told her in a minute and Bo said she could do it herself. I told him she couldn't, but I would help her. I went to the computer just in time to witness her click on the Internet icon, wait for it to come up, click on the favorites star, wait for the drop down and then click on PBS kids. Her mouse wasn't even wiggly or anything. She is amazing.

We had lunch, then went and got Nick from his half day. He hurt his ankle last night on the tramp so he is on crutches for the time being. He didn't love his classes, said he was about the only 8th grader in them. I guess that's what happens when you fail all your classes in 7th grade. We all laid down for a little nap then got up to get around and go get the rest of the kids. Everyone had a great first day. They all seemed to like their teachers. We had a really early dinner so the three could get to callbacks in time. I hate that I don't get to watch, but I guess it makes sense. The rest of us are just hanging out now, getting some laundry done and wishing there was something on TV to watch. Tomorrow Bo goes back to preschool. Those days between Thursday and Tuesday are long. I'm going to have to figure out what my schedule is going to be with Bo in preschool and having to pick Nick up mid day. A few more weeks and I will probably make him start riding a bike home. We'll have to see.

No comments: