Saturday, August 2, 2008

I'm a terrible, wicked mom. Still on the hunt for whatever went into my closet, (Glade says a mouse) I bribed one of my children to clear out my closet. He was unaware of what happened the night before. A little extra computer time and he was more than willing. On my behalf, I knew he wasn't going to get hurt or anything and that it probably wasn't still in there. I got rid of half of what was in there and reorganized so that nothing is on the floor. I checked for holes or nests or webs and nothing. I guess that's a good thing. Next I will be doing the same thing to our office which is right outside the bathroom. We put out two little sticky traps to see if we could catch something, no luck last night. I will keep you posted.
Last night Glade and I went to dinner at Rigatony's, didn't love it. I thought I remembered that from before,but we had a coupon.... After dinner, we went our separate ways. I needed to get Whitley some seminary scriptures. I hate going to Deseret Book. I spend way too much money with the rationalization that "it's good for my family". I did pretty good last night, even got a Christmas present that was on clearance. Glade went to get the rest of the hooks to finish the re-do of our mud room. Now our kids have no excuse to put their backpacks on the floor! I think I'm going to paint it kinda fun in there. I'll have to do before and after pics.
Today we are going to finish the mud room and then start on the garden! I know Glade is not excited about this. I really want to plant some pumpkins and see if we can have them by Halloween.
The new Twilight Series book came out last night at midnight. I think my mom was going to go get a copy since she is out that late anyway. I have yet to read any of them. Slightly tempted at this point, but I'm pretty sure I can hold out for the movie. I would love to know though, all those of you who are avid readers - How do you do it?? Are you super diligent at reading scriptures? I feel like if I'm reading, it should be scriptures. Maybe if I were really really good at reading everyday I would enjoy reading other stuff. I don't know. Not to mention, what uninterrupted time do you have and where can I get some?!?!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

I was at Barnes & Noble last night with my two big girls. We finally bought our copy of Breaking Dawn at about 1:05a.m. It was a long night...I'm such a good mom. (HA!)
Les.

Heather said...

My girls were at B&N last night too with thier cousin and my girls haven't even read any of the books, they went just to hang out. So glad my sister was picking them up. I have read all of them and yes it is hard to find time. I did alot of my reading when I would be in the car waiting for my kids.

Lulu said...

Been a while since I have been to the Laurie family blog! I have a lot of catching up to do... As far as the reading time for these aprticular books... I myself pushed out everything I was 'supposed' to be doing and just read. But books in general, I read at night, next the bathtub while the kids are playing the bath, in the car waiting fr whatever I might be waiting for... You find time. And no, the scriptures are not a word that diligence goes with for me. I justify by saying they are not any easy read, I have to have brain power to read, unlike with the twilight books, where the words just flow into your brain effortlessly. Ü

Camille said...

I am waiting, waiting for you to find what was in your closet . . . and yes I am a big reader. The problem is that I am an obsessive reader--if I get into a book, then everything else suffers until it's done. Jerel used to tease me when the kids were little and if I was really into a book. He would leave for work and say, "Don't forget to feed the kids." He was probably kind of serious too. lol Anyways, I have to wait to read books that I will be "obsessive" about until I have time, and I also alternate a church book with a fun "frivolous" book.