Friday, August 22, 2008

Owwww!...then aaaahhhh!

Well I had had enough. This stupid elbow thing has been an issue for almost two years now. My left elbow got tendinitis when I was pregnant with Katy and stayed for about a year. I couldn't do much for it because I was nursing. Then it just magically went away. About a month later, it showed up in my right elbow...grrrr! I have been living with that for about 7 months. I've tried the ice and anti inflamatories and what not but with no success. This one is much worse than when it was my left elbow. I do everything with my right arm. It pains me to just spray hairspray. Totally ridiculous. I finally just decided to tell them I wanted cortisone. I went today to see if that would take care of it.

Funny on the way there...Bo asked where we were going. I told him I was going the doctor. The first thing he said was "you're too big to lay on that layer thing!"(the table) I assured him it would be OK. Then I told him I would probably get a shot for my elbow. His eyes got really wide and he said "NO! that will hurt you!" I guess the only shot he knows about is when "i shot you!" bang bang and all. I had to convince him it was not like that but he still wanted to know if there would be a hole in my elbow.

It really wasn't until then that I actually thought about if it would hurt. Hmmm.. a needle going right into where it already hurt. Now I was a little worried. All in all it wasn't so bad. I did wince and groan just a smidge. It already feels a little better. He said to try and not use my arm so much this weekend. Ha! That's funny. Anyway, it still aches a little, but the other pain seems to be less. Let's hope this is the end of my elbow woes. I really want to play ball again! Or just spray some hairspray. The best part, he didn't charge me for it!

4 comments:

Heather said...

OOOOuuuuuch! Didn't know you had a hurt elbow. I hope this shot thing works for you.

Bo is so funny, I actually laughed out loud.

Leslie said...

Maybe I should try that for my shoulder. Yuck. I hate shots.
Les.

Lulu said...

oh yes, you need to get better. I ran into Glade at the basketball court this morning- my sister and I are going to shoot around in the AM's before the 8:30 class, join us?

Camille said...

Hope you feel better soon!!