Saturday, August 9, 2008

Garden, schools, malls, and My book!

Yesterday I awoke amazingly early after a really good night's sleep. I decided to make good use of it and go plant my garden. It was beautiful outside. A little humid, but not very hot. Today, I can't hardly walk. More on that later. It was a good day. Not only did my garden get planted, but I got a lot of cleaning done. You know the days where you're going to just do one little thing and then you think "as long as I'm down here" or "since I have the rag already"? Then you end up with a whole bunch of clean things! I love that. After spending most of the morning cleaning (and a little reading), I had a meeting with the principal at my kids school.
They had called the day before and said there was an opening for Nick to come back. (he goes to a different school but I wanted him here instead) I was so torn. He seems to be having a good year so far at his old school. Now, they haven't actually started doing much work yet. He even seemed to make a new friend or two. The dilemma is: if I switch him, the work will be MUCH harder, but if I don't, he is still with most of the same friends which is NOT good. He and I had a very mature conversation about the pros and cons and he was not completely opposed to switching. During my meeting, he just kept telling me how much work there was. I can't help but feel like if Stephen and I really help him out, it will be worth it. That puts a lot of work on my shoulders. Anyway, I made the decision and he starts Monday. I went to his old school right before the day ended to withdraw him and they said it was too late in the day and I would have to come back Monday. I suggested a few options and she just kept telling me it wasn't possible today. After a slight pause and some hmmm-ing I said "this doesn't work for me". Her face was kind of funny at that point. She got a little irritated and said "sorry!" Finally she got someone else for me to talk to. He was withdrawn in the next 15 minutes. I rock.
Glade had a scout campout last night so I decided to have my own date. I went to eat and went shopping! This is where the soreness from gardening set in. I couldn't figure out why it hurt to walk. I mean uncomfortable! I kept thinking "what did I do?" It didn't dawn on me till almost the end of the night. Planting was like doing a half hour of squats. Ouch! But anyway, now I have a few church clothes that actually fit. My mom would tell you I still bought them too big, but we had to agree to disagree on that one. I really enjoy shopping for my children more. I found very little I liked for me. I kept wandering into the kids section and would have to pull myself out reminding me why I was there.
Lastly - I got my blog book! I love it. It's really nice. I will continue to do that as long as I do this. It's a wonderful journal with pictures and colors, professionally bound. Not cheesy at all. I can't wait for you to see it!

4 comments:

Heather said...

I can't wait to see your book and so glad you found yourself some new church clothes. I had fun talking last night and will swing by later to see the blog book.

gena said...

You are an animal! Good for you!! You are one busy woman. I have started my book but not finished it yet. How did you pick an ending point?

Leslie said...

Cool about the blog book! How/where did you get it done?
Les.

Lulu said...

Oh I need the info for that blog book- and I am SO glad you stuck to your guns at the school! You DO rock!!