Tuesday, August 12, 2008

"imprinting" for Chelsey

Saturday was a long, but full day. Chelsey's performance troupe was performing at the opening of a shopping center nearby. Mom, Whitley and I all went to watch her. It was so hot! I felt really bad because they were out there doing their numbers for 4 hours in the heat. They were sweaty and tired. They did really well though. I, of course, forgot my camera. They also did a fashion show where they got to go to a couple of stores nearby and pick out an outfit to model. They had a really good time. I left early to go get my other kids ready for their tryouts for the upcoming musical. Glade was supposed to be back from scouts in time to bring me my van. Didn't happen. Luckily my mom was there to help me transport all the kids.
We got there and waited almost 2 hours for our turn. It was crazy. They all thought they did pretty well, but we haven't heard back yet, so I'm pretty sure they all just got back up parts, but that's OK, it's tons of fun just to participate.
We were supposed to meet some friends to see a movie, but we had to pick Chelsey up from work and she got out late which made us too late to make the movie. We went to the mall instead to look for some shoes for Glade and return a skirt I had bought for a smaller size. We found what we needed and went to meet our friends for Ice Cream.
While at the ice cream place, I "imprinted" for Chelsey. Funny, huh? If you don't know what imprinting is, not so funny. Anyway, there was a boy there that I decided should marry Chelsey, at least take her on a date. We teased him the whole night and gave him the run down on her. She would be and was, mortified. It was all in fun and he took it really well. That's why I like him so much! After telling this story to a few people, I was able to find out his full name. When I did, it triggered something in my mind as to who's kid it might be. Really far out in left field, mind you. I did some checking anyway. Amazingly, the person I checked with happened to be the cousin of the person I thought his mom might be. (a girl from high school) It turns out not to be hers, but her brothers! I told my friend that his smile is what made me think of this girl. I knew they had to be related. Funny part, this girl and her brother are both adopted. No blood relation to the cute boy at the ice cream store. How weird is all that??? Anyway, I'm not done trying to match them up. He told us when he worked so she could come in and see him. I don't know if she will ever go after all that, but it was fun while it lasted!
Sunday was a little frustrating. Katy decided she wasn't tired in the middle of the night and was up for a couple of hours just wide awake. I finally just put her in my bed and let her play while I tried to sleep. By about 2 am, I put her back in her bed. She was up bright and early the next day! My class was full today and not very reverent. I'm still try to figure out what I can do to keep their interest a little better. They are the oldest kids in the youngest book. Anyway, we went to Glade's moms for dinner, which was very yummy! My kids like when we go there, gets them out of the house. They hate that it makes us leave early though, gotta get home for bed.

3 comments:

gena said...

My mom I think tried that too. Didn't work to well. I had seven blind dates before I graduated highschool and finally found Trevor. Hopefully Chelsey will have better luck:)

Heather said...

Chelsey is a catch! It is going to take someone special that I approve of.


You have been tagged. Go to my blog to see what to do.

SherriH said...

Well, I'm caught up now. I have no idea how you do all you do. I really feel like such a slacker after reading your blogs.