Friday, August 15, 2008

Busy but Dull

Wednesday

Spent Wednesday back at the house getting the rest of the stuff. There is no electricity so it is really hot in there. While we were there, Katy had run out to the street and Bo went to get her. In trying to get her back, he fell on a cactus. Just his hand but it was a little cactus ball with long needles. His whole hand was wrapped around it. I pricked myself once trying to get it out and it hurt! I felt really bad for him. I can't imagine having that many in my hand. We got all the needles out, then put some benadryl cream on it. After a few minutes and a ring pop, he seemed to be fine. It only bothered him a day or so. That afternoon, I took the boys for haircuts. I love that I can do it all at the same time somewhere the rest can play AND I actually like the person who cuts it! Winner all around. Came home and had dinner. I had a yucky headache. I didn't sleep much the night before, allergies, and I spent so much time in the heat today. I think I just needed some rest. Chelsey had begged me to drive her to a friends house. That was the last thing I wanted to do. It turns out it was a half hour away so that meant an hour in the car. I really thought I might cry. She was very kind about it realizing how miserable I was. I will tell her no next time. I got home, got Katy ready for bed and hit the sack by 8 pm. Slept well and got about 10 hours in. Just what I needed.

Thursday

Bo had play group again so I brought Katy home, put her to bed and spent the next hour or so cleaning. Got my fridge cleaned out, my pantry put back together, my floors cleaned. I really love that time a lone. Amazing what you can get done. I needed to wake Katy up so she would take a nap later, but I decided to read for a half hour first. Still not done with the third book. Kinda OD'd on the vampire stuff. Got Bo, Katy is always so excited to see him come home. Spent the rest of the day getting stuff ready for our Activity Day Awards dinner that night. It was a little chaotic at first, we didn't plan quite as well as we should have, but we were able to pull it all together and it turned out really well. A luau. Was home by 8 and in bed by 9. Another good nights sleep. I think I'm caught up now.

Today

Today has been productive so far. More sorting of clothes and trying to get that situation under control. Mopped my floor - whew- that was necessary! Spent some time with Bo in his "school book". That was fun. No date night tonight, Glade has a triathlon in the morning and has to get up really early. Maybe I'll finish the book tonight! For such a full busy week, it was very uninteresting! Still aiming for getting back on my normal schedule, didn't happen this week. Good thing there is always another one coming up!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I saw the cactus in a glass on the counter and wondered what happened with that, although I thought it probably came from that crazy backyard. I don't know how they had little kids back there, because I felt like mine were going to tumble down that mini cliff. =) Hailey did trip on the metal, killer, spiral staircase, but Joe was right there to catch her before there was an emergency room visit. Sheesh!

Heather said...

oh the cactus in the hand just makes me hurt. Poor boy.
I need a kick in the pant to do my pantry. You have inspired me to do it. Wish me luck.