Friday, August 29, 2008

A day of Insights

I really wish I would have taken the time to post yesterday. It was one of those days when you just really appreciate all the little things. I had so many swimming in my head and I didn't sit down and blog them. Now, when I think back, not much comes to mind. Funny how that happens. I decided to label my "cute kids" posts Family Circle. That way I know when it's just a funny family story. This post will be really scattered cuz I have a bunch of little things that aren't related.

Stuff I wish I would have posted yesterday -

-GROSS - Looking over just in time to see Katy put her finger down the back of her diaper and straight into her mouth.
-NAUGHTY - Tucking everyone in, then coming out into the dark house a half hour later to find my 3 yr old playing games on the Internet.
-HEARTBREAKING - Having your 7 yr old tell you that some overgrown 6th grader followed him around calling him a retard. (I called the school about that one)
-WEIRD - Listening to the radio in the car, hearing a really "bumpin" song, realizing its probably inappropriate, turning it over, then hearing your 18 months old scream till you turn it back. Shorty Got Low got my baby!
-FRUSTRATING - To be so mad at a 3 yr old one minute and then watch him sleep on your shoulder the next.
-YAHHH - hearing My Prerogative on my way to bunko. (I have been spelling that wrong my whole life!)
-SENTIMENTAL - Introducing new friends to old friends and realizing you have really good friends from so many different places in your life.
-AHHHH(sigh) - Standing out in the windy, wet night getting gas and feeling just a slight chill every time the wind blows. Hurry up winter!
-SATISFYING - Setting a well balanced meal before your children and watching them eat and play together without even talking.
-FULFILLING- Looking at your life from the outside and realizing, I have it pretty darn good!

If you think I fit into the romantic section of every personality test, you'd be right.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love hearing fun things about your life. I also love how you summed it up with fulfilling, that is perfect.