Sunday, June 8, 2008

Weekend Wrap Up

Busy weekend. Friday I was just tired and grouchy and could not get myself moving. We were supposed to have a date night, but I just couldn't get there. Instead, I so boldly invited ourselves over to Joe and Kathy's house to swim. They were kind enough to let us all come invade their home. My kids always have so much fun when we go there! I love that they, Joe and Kathy, are easy going enough to not be overwhelmed by our brood. You guys are the BEST! So here are a few pictures of our adventures that night. Saturday Whitley and I spent most of the day at the mall birthday shopping. We had a good time and she got some really cute outfits. She is very money smart and isn't swept away by the "but it's so cute" bug! That night I still wasn't feeling the best and we were trying to figure out a date night still. Nothing sounded that great. Glade kept saying "let's just stay home". That was really the only thing I DIDN'T want to do! Lucky for us, more family let us invite ourselves over to hang out. While Glade was talking to them on the phone, I broke out into a good cry. After that, I was great! Ahhhhh, I guess I just needed to cry! We went to John and Sherry's and ate dinner and just hung out at the kitchen table and talked. Amy and Tyler came and left and came back, so glad about that. It was really enjoyable to just be adults and not really do anything. Just what I needed. Monday I recommit myself to my weight loss. No more cheating, well you know, and serious work outs. I'm back on the wagon! Should be a good Sunday dinner, having SCONES...mmmmm! Hence the Monday recommittal...LOL!

This is Katy getting into marker AGAIN and then wiping her snot nose..ewww!


Dinner at the Dairman's


Bo was shivering so bad he couldn't even keep food on his spoon!


Bo lovesssss the water


My hot tub gang


Great action shot Dalin!


Rhett is a good big brother to Bo


Katy wouldn't get in the water, she was doing what she loves most...Eating!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

It was great to have you all over. You are welcome anytime!!

Leslie said...

Were these pictures taken with your new camera? I LOVE them!
Les.

Heather said...

It really sounds like you guys have a great extended family. Pictures look great, must be the new camara.

SherriH said...

ok, what was the cry for? What's going on? I'm glad to hear a good cry took care of it though. A good cry never hurt anybody. Even without a "date" night, a good evening with other adults is always fun too.

The kids look like they had a great time. We haven't gotten our pool up and running yet, it's been pretty rainy here.