Friday, June 6, 2008

Friday weigh in

Ok, 2 lbs, but they are the same two lbs I lost a couple of weeks ago. I can't seem to get out of this 3 lb bracket I keep going up and down in. Very Frustrating. I'm starting to think Shelli was right about that whole "tell your body" thing. When I was losing every week, i kept saying "wow, I'm losing weight like crazy!" Now, I keep saying "I don't want to get on the scale, it's not going to be good." Maybe it really CAN hear what I'm saying!
Yesterday we went to Chuck E. Cheese to play games since the summer movie was TMNT. Yuck! Anyway, I was so excited to take my new camera and get some fun colorful pictures. Nope. I forgot to put my SD card in and these cameras don't have internal memory. Sigh. Oh well, another day. Today has been very productive. I made the mistake of going upstairs. I try not to do that. If I don't, I will never know how messy it is. But when I do....YIKES! So after a mild freak out on my children, we all worked diligently and actually got it cleaned. I spent and hour in Brooklyn and Dalin's room. Lots of growling and 2 garbage bags later, it looks fabulous. The things that were in that room...very scary.
Still trying to figure out what to do for a date night. Not feeling very creative or energetic. I'm going to take a quick nap and head to the gym, hopefully that will energize me!

4 comments:

Heather said...

I don't care what you scale says, I saw you last night and you look like you are losing a bunch. You always look great. Keep up the good work.

Camille said...

Laurie, you've inspired me--I ran for 20 minutes today. I was mad when I cleared the screen and forgot to see how far I had gone, but it was over 1.5 for sure. That was my goal. I kept thinking, "If Laurie can do it; I can do it." Thanks for being my motivation.

Windi Hesler said...

Hey Laurie how's it going? I was reading over the comments on our blogs today and ran across one where you asked how tall Kaylin is. I don't recall ever responding to your question, so I thought I would now. She is approximately just as your mom said 5'4". Actually she is a little shorter than that but not by much. She may look tall cause she is slender. Wow, I remember those days seems like such a long time ago. I am struggling with losing weight, I just can't seem to get past losing 5 lbs. Then I give up. NO discipline! I think it's great that you are losing at least 2 lbs every week. Keep up the good work.

gena said...

You are looking amazing! I was feeling the same way about the scale but I haven't been working very hard since school got out:( You are still working hard so maybe you're losing tons of inches...much better than weight in my book:)