Wednesday, June 4, 2008

It's MY day!

Soooo, today is MY day. Summer has been ok for the two weeks we've been out of school, but I'm certainly lacking of MY time. I've always needed MY time, even when I was young. Today I decided was the day. I have spent most days trying to occupy my children and of course doing normal Mom duties. I hadn't even talked to my own Mom in 3 days! I usually talk to her a couple times a day. When I spoke with her this morning, I was interrupted about every 2 minutes. Very unproductive. So with my recent grouchiness I decided to leave them all behind and go out on my own. I started at the scrapbook store. That wasn't as fun as it used to be. I just can't get into this new phase of scrapbooking. Anyway, I did get some cute stuff to keep going on Katy's book. After that I went and got a pedicure and got my nails filled. That's always refreshing! By then my tummy was growling, so I went to Panda Express. I haven't eaten there in probably 5 months. Not good for the points! I decided to eat a small lunch and not to feel guilty that it wasn't really good for my food budget. Quite enjoyable actually. Then I went to Wal-Mart and leisurely got groceries. My kids only called a few times and when I got home, most of their chores were done and even a few extras! Going to have a little nap and then off to dinner with my husband and a trip to the temple. How good of a day is that?? I'm sure tomorrow I will be refreshed and ready for another week or so of summer fun!

3 comments:

Lulu said...

My day. I like that. I think that I will call today MY day since I am already halfway done with it and I have prety much lounged all day reading a book. Tomorrow is a full day if work, so I look at it as a day of preperation. Ü Thanks for helping me see the light!

gena said...

Good for you. With a nursing baby I can't take a MY DAY, but I could settle for my couple hours. I can't even find time to get in my workouts since the kids have been home :( You always have great ideas!

SherriH said...

I NEVER get a "my day"! Ok, maybe I get one once in awhile but not nearly as often as I would like.

I will get a "my week" in a few days. I will be so sad after day 2, I'm sure of it.

Send me an older kid for a week and then Mason will have someone to be home with. We just don't want him here ALL day by himself.