Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Another Exciting Step!

Ok, no one really likes to admit their faults or weeknesses or embarassing traits. That's no secret. So with that said, I had a really great experience last night. I had to take Chelsey to get a black t-shirt for camp. Since it was just us, and Katy, I decided to try on a pair of capris. I have already posted that all my other pants have gotten too big, no news there. What IS news, is where I got my new capris. I took a couple of pair in of the size I assumed would fit at this point. Nope, still too big. What??? There was only one thing to do. I got to shop on the other side of the wall! It has probably been almost 5 years since I could shop on that side. What a whole new world. I ended up getting two new pair of pants and a shirt that did NOT have a W on it. Now, I certainly do not like to talk about sizes and numbers and all that but this is a very exciting step for me. It's embarassing to admit you have to shop in the "womens" section. The only thing that makes it bareable now is that I have made the decision to change that part of my life. It is what it is. And what it is is really fun to wear a whole outfit not from the "womens" section!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

That's excellent Laurie! How exciting!!

Camille said...

K, post a picture of you in the cute outfit! Good job!

Heather said...

I believe that you are not wearing W anymore.. YOu look great. You deserve a big huge piece of ca... oh wait don't do that I am supposed to help. Let's go out for a fat free slushie to celebrate. Ü

gena said...

Yeah! That is so exciting. That makes shopping that much more enjoyable and motivating:)