Saturday, June 21, 2008

Fun in the Sun

After a hard working day, I told the kids I would take them to a pool. I dread this. I had them clean a lot today so I figured I kind of owed them. After Stephen and I went to the gym, which was not so fun today, we packed up and headed out. Side note: They gym stunk cuz yesterday I did my Core Secrets workout at home, with the ball. Today....owwwww! So running was a little uncomfortable. Anyway, we decided to try the Williamsfield HS pool. Now, there were not any real frills here. Diving boards and a few dump buckets. The beautiful part - empty! We were there an hour and a half and no one wanted to leave. Well, Katy and I did. She didn't love it.
The highlight of the day - I always remind my children not to pee in the pool. Bo always drinks gallons of water while he swims and thereafter needs to pee OFTEN. I was over on the bench holding Katy and see Bo jump out of the water, rip his pants down and pee into the gutter of the pool. What's a mom to do?? I turned my head the other way. It's not like I could stop him at this point! I say "way to go, Bo! Thanks for not in the pool!"
The best part of swimming - they are all soooo tired and want nothing more than to lounge in front of the TV. I'm definitely ready for some down time. All in all, a good Saturday.

1 comment:

Heather said...

maybe I will have to try that pool next time. It is alot closer. I always loved swimming all day and coming home to lay infront of the tv. oh the memories.