Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sleep

I didn't go to the gym last night. As I was getting ready to change into my workout clothes, I saw my PJs and they looked really inviting. I put them on, locked my door, grabbed the Ensign and climbed into bed. Sometimes perspective can change everything. My problem - no good sleep. My kids all sleep through the night, but not me. I usually only sleep 2 or 3 hours before I wake up. Most the time I can go back to sleep, but lots of times I lay awake for an hour or two. If I look at my crankiness, I can often times go back 3 or 4 days and see that I haven't had much sleep. This was one of those times. I used to nap religiously, but since all my kids are home, it doesn't happen much these days. No wonder I'm so impatient! When I'm tired, I'm irritable, impatient, and I eat like crap. All those things make me frustrated and then I get really cranky. It's a terrible cycle! Last night, I slept for 8 hours straight! I honestly don't remember the last time that happened. 16 years ago maybe? How very exciting! Studies say that people that get more sleep are healthier and weigh less. I totally believe it. Now, I really am off to the gym this time! Oh yeah, Whitley left me this morning. I'm down to 5. Weird.

1 comment:

gena said...

Must be weird having all the older ones gone. Feel free to bring the others over to play in the pool.