Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Scary Scary Day

Maybe some might not find this scary, but to me, well, I was sick. I have been trying really hard to get Katy's scrapbook caught up. In thinking about it, I realized I was missing a few events. I got on my computer and started looking for the pictures I hadn't yet printed. Most I found, but one set I did not. Her first birthday. I searched everywhere! When I couldn't find them on my computer, I got out all the CD's I have saved pictures on and went thru them. Nothing. One CD got stuck in the drive so I had to shut down and restart my computer. When I turned it back on, a window telling me I had files to write to CD popped up. That was strange. There were the pictures! A miracle. We have turned our computer on and off so many times, why now? I couldn't believe it. I immediately started sending them to CD. When it was done, I took it out and started writing on it. A message came up and said it didn't get finished. Hmmmm. I stuck it back in and it wouldn't do anything. My CD wouldn't open and all the pictures were gone. What happened? I was frantic. I did every search I knew. Nothing. I called my WONDERFUL brother-in-law and asked for help. After talking for awhile we came to the conclusion that I probably sent them straight from my SD card to CD which means they were never actually on my computer. Chances of finding them anywhere, not likely. I wanted to cry. He ran a recovery program anyway just to see. There they were! He found them. In copying them back to my SD card, not all of them were coming up, some were blank. NOOOO! Katy's were all there! Safe and Sound. My prayer was answered. Again I wanted to cry. Good cry this time! No verbal "thanks" can let John know how truly truly truly I appreciate him spending the time to help me out. Amazing!

3 comments:

Lulu said...

I was stressed just reading this information! I was tense until the end- I am glad you have them!

Camille said...

I agree--totally scary!

Leslie said...

Whoa...that's nuts! I'm so glad you found them. Whew!
Les.