Thursday, March 10, 2011

You Can't Stop the Beat


We are having play practice a little more regularly and starting next week, every night but Friday. Other than leaving my family for that long every night, which makes me very uncomfortable, it's actually quite fun. The dances are coming a little more easily without so much thought now, but boy are the personalities coming out as well. We have a few women who have labeled themselves as the "dancer" of the group. Most of us have had some experience but there are a few who believe they are a little more "experienced" than the rest and should therefore take command. I will admit to having a strong personality in that area as well, but I'm not quite comfortable enough with this group to be that person. It's interesting to watch each person's contributions and frustration when they are not being followed or are being contradicted. Very amusing I must say. After doing a little combination, another girl did it after me showing me the right way. I'm pretty sure I did exactly as she did so I nicely said "didn't I just do that same thing?" She gently replied with her head tilted to the side "just do the best you can." Rude!! This same girl offered to run lines with Glade...excuse me? Anyway, it's definitely a new experience.

It's also impossible to not have all those songs in your head all day. I'm sure my family is tired of hearing " hey mama..welcome to the sixties...oh oh oh oh ohohoh" The kids are all so fun to watch and Glade is finally figuring out his character and how it all works. I'm glad we all decided to do it together. We haven't actually spent a whole lot of time together while rehearsing, but it's still been good. Whitley and I even get to do a mother/daughter dance together. I don't think we could do it every year, it's been very consuming..but every once in a while is probably doable. "you can't stop the beeeeeaaaatttt!!!!!"

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I can't wait to see you guys perform!

Dacia said...

What are the dates? I am definitely coming to watch!