Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I'm in Love

Today I realized I'm in love. I'm not talking about my fabulous other half, I realized that a long time ago. This is something different. I was rummaging around on the floor of my closet when this epiphany came to me. As I was looking around for whatever it was I was looking for, something caught my eye. Now, I have some pretty cute shoes so things catching my eye on the closet floor would not be that amazing. But, this didn't just catch my eye, I had to double take...and then linger... My heart quickened a little and I got a sort of "protective" feeling about me. There was an unspoken bond that was evident, a friendship with secrets and experiences only the two of us knew about. How is it that such affection can occur when I see these...

I guess I truly love running. I'm a passionate person... I love hard and I fight hard. My relationship with running is no different. Some days are tough, but other days.... it's like nothing I ever do makes me feel as strong and competent as does a good run.

Me + Running = Happy

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I wish I had it on tape when you said, "Nope. Not me. I don't run. I'm not a runner." I'm so glad you were wrong! Partly because I'm happy for how happy it makes you. Mostly because it made me think I can do it, and though I'm still way behind you, I still think "When am I going to get a run in today?" almost every day now. Thanks for your good example!