Monday, March 7, 2011

My Party

All I wanted for my birthday (other than sparkly flip flops) was to have a pizza party with all my friends. I got exactly what I wanted. There were only a few missing faces that kept it from being complete. Glade said he was willing to do all the planning, but when a girl knows....

I also bought 3 delicious cakes! I didn't spare any expense on the big chocolate one. After all, it's my birthday! I invited Whitley to come so she could be my official photographer so I could just have fun and not worry about it. She did a great job. I had so many pictures, it was hard to narrow it down to just a few. My games night friends brought me some pretty great stuff. All the "old person" necessities, including these babies -

Sexy, eh? Not only were they hot on me...

But they worked for both of us!!


We had so much pizza, my kids were ecstatic when I brought home 5+ pizzas. We played the white elephant gift dice game as well. I brought all the gifts, which made it fun for me. One of my favorites is this -

Alan wore them with style!


I went home with the chocolate I brought so I wouldn't have it at home to eat. Very smart, I know. I love that Leslie came solo because her hubby was in a choir thing. Love you Les!


Kurt was obviously thrilled with his gift. I thought the fly swatter was so cute, I bought myself one!

After the end of the game, we played "let's make a deal". Tiffany decided she would chance losing her half used bottle of glucosamine to pick something else. She got golf balls!! They would come in handy later.


Melanie wasn't that thrilled with her double value pack of expired mustard either, so she traded in too. She ended up with my Prairie Christmas book.


Do I look like I'm practicing for my "rich shopper" part in Hairspray?? Glade says I'm a natural.



We managed to get a little dancing in. The crowd was not an enthusiastic one so we did a few line dances and the rest was sparse.


Glade jammin' out on the electric (invisible) guitar. He was about the only guy up dancing.


Even mom came and got her groove on. Go Mom!!


Glade and I couldn't help but to reenact our wedding dance..yes...it's the running man side to side. Very classy.


Then there was a lot of this. I didn't mind at all, I just wanted to have a chill night of hanging with friends. I love my friends!!


We had to get in at least one slow dance. I'm proud to say I think all the men got up for this one.


Enter golf balls....the guys who didn't want to dance (all) set up a little course and were trying to roll the ball through chair legs, into empty boxes, etc. It was almost like a Jr. High dance with boys totally uninterested and girls bopping in groups all alone. So fun.


Whitley conked out on me. I wondered where she was when there was a prime photo op and this is what we found. I guess this might label my party a snoozer?? Thanks Whitley!!


My birthday was more wonderful than I had expected. The only last missing link is the cute new purse I still need to shop for! (compliments of Jo and Dad) Thanks friends, for a great couple of days! (that includes you mom Ü)

1 comment:

Leslie said...

You are adorable. Thanks for throwing yourself a party so we could all come. Love you too!