Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Spring Break

This weekend was filled with play practice and not a lot else. I guess that's not entirely true because Friday night we helped pull pork for the Trek and went to dinner with fellow pullers afterward and then Saturday after practice, we went to dinner and a movie with the Garrs. We saw the Adjustment Bureau, it was good!

Monday I got out bright and early to1) get a run in for the first time since the Ragnar. I was actually pleased with myself. I only went three miles, but ran the whole thing and in 9:53 min/miles. I thought that was pretty good for not having run in 2 weeks! 2) go fetch my phone from the library that got left on Saturday and 3) shop for my purse! I actually had to get the rest of the stuff for the kids Trek necessities and then went to Kohls and found a very cute "plumberry" purse. We had play practice that night (and every night this week) then Jenny came over to watch the big finale with me. What a disappointment. I'm only going to say this - He shoulda picked Chantel. Yes, I know he loves Emily, but it was evident (at least to me) that she was not ready to make that committment. Now everyone is unhappy. *sigh*

Today I decided the kids needed to get out and do something, so we headed to the movies. On the way there, I realized...no one was even excited about the movie they were seeing, they just wanted out of the house. We all agreed to grab a Costco pizza and go to the park instead. We stopped by Wal Mart and picked up some cheapy toys: bubbles, frisbee, big ball etc. first and then spent an hour or so at the park. While there, a man about Glade's age had a heart attack and had to be airevac-ed out. So the kids got to watch a helicopter land right there in the park and I got to, again, be so grateful my family is intact and happy for the moment. It got really hot so we loaded up and came home.

Tonight we have play practice again and the kids have mutual where they meet their "families" for the Trek. Glade and I leave tomorrow night after practice to head out as the cooks and the kids leave early Thursday morning. We are all very excited to have this experience and then to also have it together. I'm not sure I blogged about last weeks mutual when we did the Virginia Reel, but it was a huge success. The kids all looked so cute in their pioneer clothes and everyone seemed to have a great time doing the dance. Stephen said it was the most fun he's had in a long time. I'm sure there will be lots to report on when we return!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I didn't realize you and Glade were going as cooks. How fun. Can't wait to hear all about it.