Saturday, October 2, 2010

Lucky Number 3

I was born on the third day of the third month, naturally my lucky number would be 3. In hindsight, it's never really been that lucky for me. I continue to use it, after all, the time I switch my number...three would have been the winner! These last twenty four hours have tested my three-ness. Because the temperature on the thermometer still reads "freakin' hot" I decided to treadmill it yesterday. I was going to do sprints but decided to incline instead. I did 3.5 miles of incline intervals.

Fast forward through my day of cleaning, waiting for Chelsey to get home and sniffling all day. Did I mention Chelsey is home?!? A family in our ward coach the high school track team and were in charge of a "twilight cross country meet". They asked if I would come volunteer at the meet. Glade had a basketball game with the boys so no date night. I took Rhett with me and we helped to pass out water and get kids through the finish line and out of the way. Passing out water to those kids seemed like the most important service I ever rendered! One girl even puked on my shoe. They had one community run that was a 5k so Rhett and I decided to run it while we were there. Not my best run. Very frustrating actually. I didn't come in last, but certainly in the final spread out string of runners. How is everyone faster than me? I heard people talking waiting for it to start and from the way they talked, with as much as I run, I should not have been in the rear. Even a few people that said they hadn't run since high school, ran less than 9 min miles. What?? Grrrr....I could come up with lots of excuses as to why I didn't run well...freakin hot...big meal of spaghetti and garlic bread...cough and congestion...but it's all blah blah blah.

Fast forward through a snotty nights sleep. Got up to do my tri training this morning. I rode 10 miles bike and couldn't even make it 2 full miles on the run. I just didn't have it in me. My legs said "no more!" That makes 3 runs in 24 hours. Hmmm, sounds familiar...Ragnar. I just need it to cool off. The kids are off for fall break for the next 2 weeks so I'm going to try to make the most of it by riding and running more than just on Saturday. So, three runs, three miles each (or close!), three showers, lucky me!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I hope you feel better soon. Having a stuffy head is miserable. If you ever need to share your pumpkin pie I'm just a short drive away!