Friday, October 22, 2010

Swoosh!

Last night I went to dinner and a movie with my mom. Glade is out of town so I thought it the perfect opportunity to spend some quality time with one of my best friends. We saw Life as We Know It. Great girl film...funny, romantic, sappy, emotional. It was fun. Read myself to sleep and woke way too early to take the big kids to school.

Today I decided I would stay home and tackle all the laundry I haven't put away in so long. I was doing really well when I got a message from one of my very best friends from my youth. She was in town and wanted to stop by. Swoosh! My whole day changed. I finished the laundry I had in front of me, cleaned up myself and my house and awaited her arrival. Angie was one of my very best friends in high school. She got me. She didn't judge me and she was always up for an adventure! I haven't seen her since. She and her husband are in town for her 20 year reunion so they stopped by and we chatted for an hour or so. I love her so much! Made my whole day.

I actually got back to the task of laundry once she left and have almost all of it washed and put away. Now, the kids haven't brought there's down yet, so.... Anyway, tonight Glade comes home and we are going to meet for dinner. What a great last 24 hours.

No comments: