Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Halloween FHE

I love the Monday before Halloween. This is our pumpkin carving FHE tradition. We have homemade pizza for dinner and typically do Caramel apples for dessert. This year I waited till the last minute to buy the caramel wraps and I was out of luck finding them. So, we settled for apples and caramel dip. The kids did great carving, hardly any arguing!! Katy was NOT happy about putting her hand in the pumpkin. At one point Brooklyn slopped some on her and she started screaming and crying. Once everyone was mostly done, we poured up some hot cider and sat down to watch the Wizard of Oz. I'm not sure many of my kids have actually seen it. We didn't get all the way through it before they got a little restless and the little ones started nodding off. We'll see if it gets finished here in the next few days. I actually choked up at one point just watching them all getting along so well and having everyone together. I must be getting old. It was a very successful night!



I loved all the faces being made as the "guts" came out.








See, there's a little on her arm. Poor tortured thing!


Caramel apples....








Whitley and Nick had other things going on this night so they didn't get to participate. We missed our big kids...Chelsey included!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

So fun! What a great tradition! I guess I need to buy a pumpkin soon. I can't believe it is already the end of October.

Heather said...

so fun. Tip for next year (since you have so many pumpkins to carve) USE YOUR STINKIN POWER TOOLS. They work great and fast! ♥