Monday, October 4, 2010

Conference Weekend

What a busy weekend! Saturday started with my early run/ride. I couldn't wake up the rest of the day. Chelsey came home this weekend which, of course, I loved. Saturday morning we went and got chicken and some sale items for her to take home with her. We canned the chicken and she left to go see her friend perform. I spent the day doing taxi service for kids. I really wanted a nap, but as I lay my head down...crazy brain! I decided to just get up and get around. The boys had priesthood at 5 and then we were going to meet them for dinner.

Chelsey and I did a little "fun" shopping and took Whitley to work. All the wives met our men at Red Robin for dinner. Chelsey only stayed a minute and then left again. We had a great dinner with family and headed home. BTW, it rained!

Sunday dawned bright and early so I could get our BIG conference breakfast ready. This year we did French toast, eggs and potatoes, bacon and fruit salad. We finished just in time to get settled in for conference. I gave the little ones packets to work on and as Bo was reading his, he was confused by the question "how many speakers word glasses?" He blurted out "Speakers don't wear glasses!" (like radio speakers) We explained the other kind of speaker and he very diligently kept tract the rest of the morning. After conference, Chelsey and I started on bread for her to take home with her and our traditional cinnamon rolls. The kitchen was a disaster due to all the other baking we did for a Halloween project as well. The afternoon was long, kids were a little restless, so we got out the Halloween decorations. We were also visited by our good friends bearing gifts...SALSA! That was a nice surprise. Thanks J & J!!


Once it got dark, we finished our little project and came home. We took cinnamon rolls to our neighbors who have lived here for a year and we have not officially gone over to talk to them. I always mean to, but.... Anyway, she was so happy to see us and talked on and on and on! It was a really good thing. While talking to her, some friends showed up and stayed and visited till bedtime. Perfect ending to a really great day!

1 comment:

Heather said...

You have Halloween lights? I love it!
I miss Chelsey. Next time she is home let me know I would love to see her.