Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Funky Town

The weekend was a blur. The only thing that sticks out in my mind is that I ran my fastest 10k ever. One hour and 33 seconds. So close! I also made my kids run with me (only 3 miles). What a bunch of whining little babies. Even my "runners" grumbled the whole time. We showed our rental twice and both people wanted it. They were both there at the same time. One outside, one inside, both saying "I'll do it right now!" What a yucky spot to have to be in. The good news is that we have renters. Let's hope they pay the rent!!

We had games night that night. I love my good friends. I have said this often, but we are very blessed with great people in our lives.

Sunday was long and I was grumpy. We didn't have Sunday dinner because most couldn't come and we were going to make a trip to the Temple anyway. We weren't able to go cuz Whitley and Stephen had a practice at 6:30. I didn't fix dinner, instead I cleaned out the pantry. It looks great! I was very ready for bed, but had a hard time falling to sleep. *enter Funky Town* I have just been in a funk lately. I could try and put my finger on it, but it's all pretty unimportant. I think I just need a cause, something to be occupying my brain. I hate that I am reading 3 books and don't love any of them. The heat is slowly dissipating, but not nearly enough for my likes. Holidays are approaching so I'm sure I can move from Funky Town to Fantasy World quickly enough!

Monday night I determined we WERE going to the Temple regardless of all the obstacles. I hadn't been to the Visitors Center in a long time, it's changed! The weather was cool by evening so it was nice to walk around with the kids and talk about all the neat things about the Temple. They were even starting to put up Christmas lights so that was a bonus. It's fun to see your kids grow and learn. Dalin was probably the cutest. When he heard we were actually going, he ran right up and took a shower and put on clean clothes. He even came and asked me if they were suitable for the Temple. He is a little rough around the edges at times, but inside is a really great kid.

The big kids go back to school tomorrow. I really love having them around, but I'm a little excited to get back to the normal chaos that we live in. My house hasn't been clean in a while. So many little projects I want to conquer. They are all more than ready to go back. Bo kept saying all day Sunday "I'm so excited for tomorrow!!" Busy week ahead as usual, but the weekend should be good and rain is supposed to be in the forecast. Oh yah, I took a Where You Should Live quiz and at least 4 of the places came up with Alaska, yikes!!

No comments: