Thursday, October 7, 2010

I have no self control

Ok, anyone who knows me knows that the total truth. It rears it's head in many ways, and some not so pretty. Today's episode involves a very long drive for a DVD. On Saturday, between sessions, they played the Work and the Glory movie. I DVRd it and it turns out it was just black, something went wrong. I was SO excited to watch it. Then I YouTubed it and it said I could watch it but when I clicked it, it said "video removed". Man!! So my impatience got the best of me. About 4:30 I decided I could take it no longer so I made the 35 - 40 minute drive into town just to buy the stinkin movie.

To add to that, I always buy more things than I should at the bookstore cuz it's all "good for you". Anyway, I bought two Christmas presents, my movies and two Christmas books for me. One is full of recipes, stories, etc. the other is love stories revolving around Christmas and pioneers. Seriously?? Someone was thinking of me!

Today I had a good run, which put me at 22 miles for the week. It was also my fastest 5k by 10 seconds. After, Whitley and the babies and I all went to McDonalds for lunch. I really don't like that place. While trying to get a little snooze in, the doctors office called and said all Whitley's test came back normal. What?? You would think that would make me happy but now we're back at square one. I just want her to feel well again.

The boys left on a camp out, so I'm taking the kids to Flagstaff for a night to visit Chelsey, see some cliff dwellings and tour a pioneer museum. We had to dig out our winter coats for this one. Their low tonight is 28 degrees. Woohoo!! It will be a fast trip, but a trip nonetheless. Had to put a new battery in the van today. That makes both vehicles in less than two weeks. Sheesh!

Funny for the day. I made goulash for dinner. My favorite! Chelsey loves it and some of the kids are fine with it, but some just plain don't like it. So this was Dalin's prayer "Bless the food. Bless us that we won't complain about the food we hate..." I love it. At least he's honest.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Have a safe trip! Love Dalin's prayer. Sounds like some Jacob has offered here in the past. I'm glad and sorry about Whitley's test results. I totally understand the frustration of knowing something is wrong and having every test say there isn't! I hope she is feeling better soon.

Leslie said...

Aargh! I'm glad Whitley doesn't have anything they tested for, but I'm sorry they haven't figured out what she DOES have.

Christmas pioneer love stories...sappy! Right up your alley.

Thanks for dropping off the PETEs. I'm sad I didn't get to see you though.

Have a fun trip. I didn't realize it's so cold there right now. We better dig out our coats too!