Monday, October 25, 2010

"It's Not Fall!"

By far my most favorite quote and I can totally sympathize. Katy and Bo were chatting in the back seat when I heard Katy let out a big sob and with a crying voice say to Bo "It's not fall! Fall is when leaves are falling and no leaves are falling!". I tried to explain this stupid place we live in and that it really is fall. Maybe she and I will run away together to somewhere we can see some leaves fall!

This weekend was crazy busy. Shocking, I know. Friday I met Glade for dinner after he got off the plane. It was so nice to just sit and talk. Saturday the kids had Youth Conference and we had to meet with the renter and the kids had play practice. No resting here! I started the day with a 7 mile run, half uphill and still finished with 9:52/min miles. I'm loving running more and more each time I do it. It's to the point when I drive by a long un-busy road I think "ooohhhh I could run that one".

Saturday night we went out with John and Tracie. It's the first date in a month that hasn't had some kind of complication or delay. We ate and then saw the dumbest movie ever. Hereafter was two long and torturous hours of sitting and wondering if it was ever going to go anywhere or develop into anything. Seriously, I like almost every movie, I'm easy. This was awful! Luckily the company was good!

Sunday we started our 12:00 church. Ugh!! It did not work for me. Somehow I have to figure out a routine that won't make us all grouchy and hungry. I'm sure it will work out but this Sunday wasn't so enjoyable. The whole family came over for dinner and that was nice other than being a little chaotic. Of course, we had to irrigate right when everyone got there and Glade and Brooklyn had to leave for choir practice. I was tired and so ready for bed.

Lastly, I'm going to Illinois for Christmas!! (ok, early in December, not ON Christmas) I can't even tell you how elated I am. Mom and I are flying back for 4 days. I will get to spend time with my dad and Jo and with my favorite Grandma. I'm hoping all will work out and it will be the best Christmas ever!!

No comments: