Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Shopping at Grandma's

Now that so many years have passed and our costume box has multiplied, we always go that direction before we buy anything new. Mom is so nice to keep it all for me so it mostly stays together and not ruined. It's always fun to see them (the littler ones) strip down and start putting things on. There are almost too many choices. The middle boys struggled this year because they had their minds set on being Pokemon characters. "you know Grandma, just get a thing and glue on this other thing and put it on a string or something." So I put my foot down and made them choose something else. Rhett was nice and chose to be a carrot, but Dalin and Bo just couldn't be pleased. Whitley made herself a "crimson crusader" with pieces of other things. Brooklyn quickly claimed the lion costume and Katy settled on an Indian girl. Can you believe that, all those sparkly dresses and she chooses the Indian!? Stephen wants to be a pioneer man but we had no luck finding suspenders. Nick wants to be a gangster. We stopped by Savers and GoodWill to see what else we could find. Bo settled on a Bee costume and the verdict is still out on Dalin. Feels good to have it mostly settled and done.

As I was browsing in the Children's Place today, I realized I don't have any real toddlers anymore. Katy's size is now the bottom of the big girls section. I decided I already miss footie jammies. Is there anything cuter than a two year old in footie jammies?

I read a blog my friend wrote for yesterday and decided to try one of her suggestions. I made 25 breakfast burritos and froze them for my kids in the mornings. Cost me .40 per burrito. It was easy and now they have a quick healthy breakfast that will last more than an hour in their tummies. I think I may try bean burritos as well for FFY nights. Learning new things is fun!!

1 comment:

A said...

I love the frozen Burritos. I do that for my lunches. I make tons and flash freeze, then hard freeze. If your interested I have a few (really easy) recipes, like can of Rotel and a couple of chicken breasts in the crockpot. I have a similar one for Machaca,, and then there is always homeade refried beans (which are a little bit more involved)