Monday, October 11, 2010

Take A Breath

Saturday after returning from our trip, I got showered and waited for my husband to return from their camping trip to meet some friends for dinner. As per last time, some one's truck broke down and they had spent the day figuring out how to get everyone and everything back home. I'm not going to lie, my patience with scout outings is wearing thin. I wanted to take our kids camping for fall break but couldn't because they had a scout camp out. I think it just kind of sucks. Anyway, he didn't end up getting home till around 7, by then our friends had cancelled and I was feeling a little irritable. We were going out regardless because we had to pick Whitley up at work at 10 and that was the only way we were going to stay awake till then.

I called our good friends Jake and Jenny to see if they were up for a late dinner, and surprise surprise...they were! I love the Johnsons!! We ate and roamed around a few stores , got Whitley and were home by 10:30ish. What a blessing to have friends who'll accommodate our crazy lives.

Sunday was fast Sunday and our family did a fast for Whitley. It's also such a blessing to have such supportive family. About 7:25 Glade called from the church to tell me I was supposed to be at a meeting in 5 minutes. I was still in my jammies. I threw on a skirt and shirt, brushed my teeth and headed out. Really great for my first meeting as Activities Chair. It all went well and I was home in time to get the last of the kids ready and off to church.

Church was great. Three of our kids bore their testimonies. They all (mostly) want to go up every month. To curb that, I told them they weren't allowed to go up and do the 3 yr old testimony anymore. They could only go up if they actually had something to say from their hearts. What I thought would keep them in their seats has actually brought such joy to my heart. They still go up, but now they say beautiful things from their hearts. This time Stephen, Dalin and Whitley all went up. Stephen told about a lesson he learned on the campout with a quivering lip, Dalin told about the FHE that touched him a few weeks ago with the same choked up voice he had that day and Whitley full out cried and expressed her love for her little siblings that give her such strength and faith. What more could a mom ask for. After Whitley, I glanced down our bench to see lots of other red eyes among our family.

After church, we napped, watched the Work and the Glory (which my kids have really enjoyed!) and then left for Sunday dinner at the Smiths. After dinner, Glade, Kyle and Tyler gave Whitley a blessing. It really was just a whole day of feeling so grateful and blessed. When we got home, we started the second of the W & G movies where we had left it and snuggled on the couch finishing it. Perfect ending of the day.

2 comments:

Shelli said...

Are you open to trying essential oils yet?

Heather said...

I was tired after reading all that. I don't know how you look so put together all the time when you are always on the go. Next time I see you I need a Whitley update I have no idea what is going on with her.