Saturday, December 5, 2009

Slap Stick

Yesterday was chocked full of adventure. I'm sure I could create a great big long post about it, but I'll try to stick to the highlights (still long). Started off shopping for some really great deals, if you consider "free" a good deal. The thing about coupon shopping is that it requires a lot of thinking and concentrating. I happened to get a cart that was off balance, so every time one of my kids would try to get on it, it would tip over. We were in there for a good half hour and I'm sure my blood pressure was up by the time we left. As we were walking out, I got the hugest DUH moment. Guess where we were. Bashas! If you have been to Bashas you might have realized why I was feeling so DUH. They have a little play house to let your children go into while you shop. Tortured myself for nothing.

That afternoon I got to babysit Piper. I love Piper! She was so good and the kids had a ball with her. The slap stick started just as her mom was picking her up. We were supposed to go to the kids Christmas Party at school and Glade was trying to leave on a campout with Nick. As I was trying to hand off Piper, Glade called, my mom called, Diana called and Alicen called. All of whom I needed to talk to. I told each one I would call them back in just a sec. Right before Janel showed up, the kids told me that Katy had pooped on the floor in the bathroom. As I was saying goodbye to Janel, I put my hand on Katy's head and ran my fingers through her hair. Poop. Now it's under my fingernail as well. Ewwww! We get Piper off and I head Katy into the shower. It's now 5 and we are supposed to be there already. I was spraying her off in the shower when I realized I couldn't reach her shampoo. I gave her the sprayer pointing down to the ground and told her to hold it really still. When I turned around from grabbing the shampoo, the sprayer was right on me. I screamed and tried to block it. When she heard me yell, she dropped it and it landed on her toe. Now she is crying and the sprayer is going everywhere. I retrieved the sprayer but not before getting a big dose. I finished washing her and tried to comfort her big toe. I finally get everyone called back and get the pizza out of the oven. We had a quick dinner, changed clothes (obviously) and headed out for the Christmas party with Alicen and her kids and Ben our neighbor. Full van, full tummies and full of humor.

No comments: