Thursday, December 24, 2009

the Forgetten Carols


Last night was our adult family outing for Christmas. We started with dinner at Mi Amigos. I was the first one there and sat reserving a table for 15 people all by myself for 15 min before anyone else showed up. A little awkward, but eventually everyone showed up and we had a really nice time. Because some of the family couldn't come and we had already gotten the tickets, my mom and Kristi's mom were able to join us as well.
I have seen the show before on DVD so I already knew the story, but I don't think I could ever tire of hearing the songs. It was beautiful. One of our friends and his daughter were in the choir, what an amazing experience to be able to participate in that. I also got to hold Sherry's new 3 week old baby through most of the show. He just slept all snuggly on my lap. Heaven! The end of the show was the best. He came on stage and just talked and told a little history, then Jordan Bleuth came out and sang a powerful song called Arise and Shine Forth. Everyone stood and the choir sang it with him, so great. He was really funny and clever with his little tunes and had made slightly different lyrics to "Together Forever". Then he had the audience sing the chorus to that song. Very beautiful. He ended by having us sing Silent Night as he departed the stage. Just phenomenal, the whole thing.
After, we went for ice cream. We couldn't find anything open, so we settled for Carl's Jr. shakes. Not my fav, but whatever. We sat and chatted there till about 11:45. It was a late night, but what a wonderful one. I highly recommend it. Truly the Spirit of Christmas was emulated in that auditorium.

No comments: