Tuesday, December 15, 2009

10 Days till Christmas

How did it almost get here already. I have had the bulk of my shopping done for some time now, so I could just enjoy the month with relaxing fun activities. Hasn't happened yet. I don't feel like there are enough Monday nights to do all the activities I have planned, books, movies, projects, outings....I haven't even watched hardly any of my traditional movies yet. Can you be stressed from NOT doing Christmas stuff?

Monday we were supposed to do Gingerbread houses, but I couldn't pull it all together by then, so we read a story and wrapped presents for a family we are helping out for Christmas. Other than being a little chaotic, that was fun. We listened to Christmas music and tried to get everything wrapped with the right names on it. We had a fun dessert that we don't normally have,with a promise of gingerbread houses soon. The kids were all really good sports about it.

Tonight was pack meeting. That was part of the reason I couldn't get it together Monday, procrastination of scouts. It was lucky for me that Glade stayed home from work yesterday so I was able to go get all the errands run without any little ones. Very productive. Pack Meeting was Ok, and now I get a day of rest. Sort of. My mother in law is in charge of our Christmas program and she asked me to play the flute for our party on Saturday. I haven't played since 9th grade. Whitley's flute was broken so I had to borrow one (Thanks Valeen!). To my surprise, it did come back pretty easily. My mouth muscles got really tired really fast and that was weird. I need to spend a lot more time on the fluidity and timing of it, but at least I remembered the notes and positions.

I also started my training schedule for running this week. I'm very frustrated with that. It seems like everyone around me starts out, gets better and flies right by me. Why can't I improve like that. I know I don't push myself super hard, but it has never gotten easier. I keep waiting for what I'm doing to feel easier and it never does, so I don't push harder. It's very discouraging. Tomorrow I have to go 7 miles. The pace is pretty slow, but I've only ever gone more than 6 once. I just want it to not feel so crappy every time I run. In between runs I'm doing my BL videos. Hopefully I can see some progress soon. I probably should stop eating so much chocolate, but I decided that I wouldn't stress myself out about it too much till after the first of the year. I officially signed up and paid for the half marathon at the end of January, so I need to not cop out anymore with my training. Right now it feels impossible, but I'm going to give it a try anyway. Wish me luck!

Couple of funnies for the day. I bought Dalin a gift with Bo and Katy with me. I explained that they couldn't tell or say anything about it. It was a secret and he needed to be surprised. The minute Katy saw Dalin, she spilled the beans. Bo ratted her out and as soon as she heard him tell me, she turned to Dalin and as an after thought, tells him "it's a secret!" I guess I should have explained what a secret is.

As I was sitting down to check my email, I hear a yell from upstairs, not something I have ever heard before. It went something like this " I got toothpaste on my butt!!" Not even gonna ask.

2 comments:

Jake and Jenny said...

I know! The time just flew by and I thought I was ahead of the game. You are so good to do all that extra stuff, I am lucky to have a tree up!

Leslie said...

A half marathon?! Awesome! Which one?

P.S. I get stressed from not doing enough Christmas stuff. It's dumb, but true.