Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Sanity Part 2

Well, due to circumstances beyond my control, my emotions are right on the surface these days. Whether good or bad, right there ready to show forth. I had to hold back tears today as Rhett crossed the finish line in 9th place for his race today. This kid is such a different kid than he was a year ago. He rarely finished anything. I'm just so proud of him. In redundant news, Stephen won the school geography bee again. Rhett won his class and got to compete in the school one this year as well. He got out on the question about IL being in the Midwest. How do one of my children not know that?? Anyway, again....so proud. Progress reports came out today and for the most part they were OK. I feel a little bad that I don't push them more. I know education is important, but..... Anyway, after the race, we went home and had dinner.

Together, we watched the lighting of the tree in Rockefeller Center. The kids were a little bored, but they stuck it out. I remember loving stuff like that as a kid. Almost tradition even. We had root beer floats and just hung out together. Whitley straightened my hair for me while Stephen laid on my lap. Eventually Rhett came over and scratched my back for awhile while Katy and Bo put lotion on my feet. Very relaxing evening for me!! They are pigs and they don't talk very nice sometimes, but they are really great kids and I need to remember that more often. They all excel in their own things and make me feel very accomplished. I love watching them learn and grow and figure things out. I'm sure these are the things songwriters are talking about when they write things like "you're gonna miss this". So two days ago, I was a little raging and today I'm a little weepy. Always an adventure!!

No comments: