Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My New Treadmill (and chickens)

My super great friend Dacia was letting me use her treadmill to see if I would really use it at home before I invested in one. I loved being able to get on it whenever it was convenient and cutting out the hour of travel/prep time it took to go to the gym. The only problem was that her treadmill wasn't quite strong enough to handle a lot of running. I finally convinced Glade that it would be cheaper to just buy one and cancel our gym membership. Yeah!! There was one at Costco that had really good ratings via the Treadmill Doctor. The only problem was that they were selling out of them and only had the display left and it was pretty beat up. They told him where else he could find one and when he got there, there was only the display left there as well. The good news is that this one was in good shape, plus $150 off. Yippee! It totally rocks. I mean that literally too. The sound system is amazing. We have both run on it and it appears that it is pretty smooth and is going to be ok. The great thing about buying it at Costco is that if we decide we hate it, they will take it back. Gotta love Costco!

So Glade set me up on that training program which I have no good excuse to not stick to now that I have a really good treadmill. Today was the 7 mile run. I have only ever run that far once and it was actually 9 miles on a whim. I made it and only 30 seconds past my allotted time! I'm pretty sure I'll be sore tomorrow but I don't run again till Saturday and that's a 10 miler. I just need to get my confidence up and tell myself I can do this!

On to the chickens. My friend called and said she found 3 month old chickens for $10. I said "I'm in!" Turns out they were from a girl we knew that moved a while ago. She got me three of them and we should have eggs by spring. That, of course, is dependant upon them surviving that long. We will be "eating" our rather large chickens by the end of the year. Such fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the running! I am feeling more motivated.
I hope the new chickens survive, and give you some great eggs. Dacia