Thursday, December 10, 2009

Bunko and Sniffles

Yesterday was a stay-at-home-in-your-pjs day. Some days like that are so great. I procrastinated too many of the things I needed to do for Bunko so I was improvising a little toward the end. For Christmas Bunko, we always have a big ham dinner with a little nicer gifts. I love this one. It was a little sad because our group has dwindled in the last month or so so our numbers are a little low. Hopefully we will take care of that in the next few months. I really enjoy the women we do have. I feel very blessed to be a part of such a great group of sisters. Enough with the sappy, I got 3 Bunkos! I might not get three bunkos in a whole year, much less three in the first few rounds. Anyway, it was nice and it was extra nice that it wasn't stressful for me. Glade took all the kids shopping to get them out of the house. That was very brave of him.

Rhett had another track meet and this time he came in 5th. Now, two of the kids that normally beat him didn't run today, but it's still a bigger jump than just that. I'm so proud of him and he is really getting driven now. He wants to go the the park where they run and practice over Christmas break.

This morning I woke up with a terrible case of the sniffles. It feels different than allergies and that doesn't make me happy. I don't have time or patience for illness. Today is another down day. I love not having a ton of things on my plate. Not saying I'm not busy this time of year, but it's mostly evening stuff. Tonight three of my kids have choir concerts and it's supposed to be my enrichment night, but I wont' be making that. Tomorrow is ward Christmas party and Saturday is some party invite from someone Glade works with. Not sure if I'm looking forward to that. Party party party!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your sniffles go away soon! I love your family. Dacia

Tammy said...

Nice job on the Buncos! Bunco is so great. Hope your feeling better soon.

Krista Darrach said...

Congrats on the buncos!!!
Tis the season to PARTY!!!